Thai Chicken Stir Fry

I promised to share my favorite Asian recipe with you all. It is so simple and so delicious. I've made it for guests and it always impresses. I got this recipe from my favorite kitchen shopping venue, The Pampered Chef. I've tweaked it and made it my own over the several times I've made this dish. Here's what you need:


3 Limes (Or lime juice-about 4 Tbls)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter ( I use reduced fat)
3/4 cup chicken broth (I use fat free)
3 Tbsp Thai Red Curry Rub
1 Tbsp soy sauce (I use low sodium)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion sliced in small strips
1 red bell pepper sliced in strips
2 medium carrots either julienned or chopped fine
6 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro OR 3 Tbsp dried cilantro
2 cups instant rice, cooked (I use brown rice)
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cubed
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp vegetable oil or coconut oil
1 cup frozen green beans (I use the entire package that is pictured)
Green onions and chopped peanuts for topping

Make your sauce:
Combine 3 Tbls lime juice, peanut butter, broth, 2 Tbsp red curry rub, soy sauce and garlic in a bowl. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.


(Not that appetizing looking but it's heavenly, I promise!!)


Toss chicken in a bowl with the remaining red curry rub. Heat oil in a large skillet (I prefer non-stick) and add chicken. Cook chicken 5-7 minutes stirring frequently until centers are no longer pink. 



Add all of your veggies to the skillet and cook until veggies are crisp-tender. 







Take the skillet off the heat and stir in the sauce. Serve over the cooked rice. Sprinkle chopped peanuts and green onions over the top. 



I hope you all enjoy this dish as much as I do. Next week's recipe how to is my original recipe for Sundried Tomato and Chicken Linguine. It's a delicious date night meal. Enjoy!





Comments

  1. This recipe sounds and looks really good.
    {BTW, I'm stopping over from the A Bowl Full of Lemons Tuesday Link Up.}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Father's day

Beauty day!