Here we go again



Me? Blogging? Again?! After a few fruitless attempts, I've been lured back in to the realm of sharing my life on a little spot of the net a hand full of people may or may not ever see. Why try again? Well, I'd hate to let my best friend down. We are going to "hold each other accountable" for our blogs. We each read several blogs and writhe in envy of these organized domestic divas. Well, it's probably not that bad. We just wanted to join the fun. In the past, I've started a blog with the BEST of intentions. Hm. Then a week later I have no recollection of ever starting one. Maybe this time will be different. Actually, I know it will be. Megan won't let me forget about it. She's promised to annoy me to death if I don't post at least once a week. 
So, the big question is, why should you read my blog? Of the millions out there to enjoy, why mine? I can't promise mine is better than any other blog, but I can promise you that anything I post will take a great deal of dedication for me to actually sit down and type. I have a million things going on during my day so this adds to my list. I'm excited to try but anxious. So, we'll see. 
I plan (and I use the word 'plan' loosely) to make this blog funny, helpful and instructional. 
Funny because I'm sure to post in my usual snarky tone about the every day things I live with that otherwise may not be so funny. I'm told that I retell common events in an entertaining way. Here's hoping it's true.
Helpful because I plan to post helpful hints about one of my loves, makeup, from my years of being a makeup artist. I owned a cosmetics studio for several years and I miss it from time to time. I'm always willing to get back in to it for special occasions.
Instructional because I'll be sharing one of my other loves, cooking. I cook to feed myself and my husband, and our extended family and church family from time to time. But I cook because it is good for my soul. I cook with love. I cook to release stress, to make people happy, to make myself happy. I'd rather cook an extravagant meal than almost anything in the world. (Well, besides sleep...that's another love of mine but it'd be boring to blog about). I dream of having a huge kitchen one day. With giant cabinets to hold all the gadgets I wish I had room for now. With beautiful range and gorgeous matching appliances. Ah, a girl can dream. Here, in my blog, I'll be able to share that piece of my soul with you. I'll share recipes I come up with, and ones that I find and try. I'll try to be as specific as possible when sharing how I prepared everything. 

Ok. Well, I guess that's good enough for my inaugural post. Be sure to check out my friend Megan's blog too. She and I are in this together. We'll be guest posting on each other's pages from time to time.
http://www.signsofautumn.blogspot.com/Megan's Blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken Stir Fry

Father's day

Menu Monday