Stepping up to a call

I think God calls people to do so many different things. When I owned my cosmetic studio, I was blessed by my customers and in turn had the opportunity to share God's peace and comfort with several who came in my doors. I have some of my life's most precious memories because of a makeup store. Who would have thought?! I was able to encourage women, pray with them, listen to them and assure them I cared about them and would continue to pray for them. I didn't pray with or for every single person who came in my door. I didn't welcome customers with scripture. But, I did have a few opportunities to help some pretty broken women. God put them in my store on days I was slow, there were no other customers in the store, and we had all the time in the world to talk. They'd open their hearts and tell me some of their live's most trying moments. I don't claim that I have some magical power to open people's mouths. I just know that God put me there for them that day and He equipped me with the words that He wanted them to hear for comfort. I think most people would agree that you don't think of a cosmetics studio and spa as a holy place. In those few days I was able to pray for those few customers, it was a holy place. You could feel God there.

That brings me to my point in this post. After MANY years of procrastinating, and ignoring this nagging little voice in my head, I have decided to be a Pampered Chef consultant.


www.pamperedchef.biz/chefmelissatamez



 That probably isn't as big of an announcement as you thought, huh? Well, it's taken a TON of consideration on my part so it's a big deal to me! I am a VERY busy gal and the thought of one more thing on my plate is daunting. So what brought me to this decision? Several things actually. My husband and I could use more money...who couldn't right?! I LOVE cooking. A lot. Several of my friends are either not interested in cooking or not quite pros ;)
And the more I thought about doing PC, the more I realize...Maybe God is trying to use me! Maybe this is a way I can give Him glory! Maybe this is a way for me to be Christ to someone who has never met Him...Just maybe. He used me in a makeup store, so why not as a Pampered Chef consultant?

It's becoming more and more obvious to me that anything is possible through Him.


What will you let Him use you to do?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken Stir Fry

Father's day

Caroline Emma