Long Time No Blog

Well, I feel like I've abandoned my little blog. Here I am to promise that good things are in the works. As soon as I've place the finishing touches on our partially redone bathroom, I plan to share that project here. I failed to take "before" photos. But our guest bathroom was icky before. Nearly five years in our home and we've just ignored it. When we bought our house, we moved in and quickly realized the previous owners had less than desirable taste in paint colors. EVERY room but one was painted in a high gloss ghastly oil based paint. Ew. We IMMEDIATELY painted our living room and kitchen. (Five years later and I'm ready to re paint those rooms--my ideas are brewing) Slowly but surely we started painting the rest of the house. The hallways were done first. Then we took our guest room from a lavender color (which wasn't too horrible) to a pretty sand color. Our HUGE project was our office. It was previously a nursery for what I'm assuming was a baby boy. Three of the walls were a strange blue that I can only describe as bright navy blue. Then that forth wall...it was covered in a mural. Not uncommon to put a mural in a nursery right? Well...this one was an EXTREMELY realistic jungle scene. Not cute little lions and tigers. I'm talking giant elephants and a huge lion, etc. Not done in cute pastel baby friendly colors but in realistic safari colors. I swear, if I were a baby, I'd be terrified to sleep in there. But to each his own right? We stripped that paper mural down and painted our office a beautiful purple/gray color. I am in love with it. It's Benjamin Moore Purple Haze.
Our bedroom came in last as far as larger rooms go. It went from a weird green color to a pretty taupe.
Now our guest bathroom...I decided on Thursday that I was going to start our redo. Our floors, sink, mirror and toilet will eventually be upgraded, but, for now I did what I could in 2 days.
I'll be back soon to share pictures of my little revamp. I'll leave you with this little gem as a hint:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken Stir Fry

Father's day

Caroline Emma